Term of use
- By visiting and/or using the services available through this Internet site (schoolepaper.thestandard.com.hk/), you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by all terms stipulated herein.
- This Internet site is owned by Sing Tao Limited, its parents, subsidiaries and/or associated companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Company”). Unless otherwise stated, all contents of this Internet site are owned or controlled by the Company. The Company reserves the right to modify the terms stipulated herein or any of them, or all of the features of or services available through this Internet site. Such modifications, if any, shall be effective immediately upon either posting of the modified terms or features, or notifying you as the case may be. You agree to review the terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the services available through this Internet site or continued access to this Internet site shall be conclusively deemed your acceptance of the modifications. The Company may also, without any liability, impose limits on certain services and features or restrict your access to all or parts of the services without notifying you.
- Where the Company is of the opinion that you has breached any of the terms contained herein, the Company is entitled at any time without prior notice to immediately terminate or suspend your account or access to this Internet site and/or participation in a particular activity and/or membership to any club operated or provided by the Company and/or strategic or joint-venture partners or to take further action as the Company considers appropriate, desirable or necessary to prevent your continual or further breach of any of the terms contained herein.
- You agree that the Company may at any time and from time to time modify, discontinue or restrict your access to, either temporarily or permanently, this Internet site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of this Internet site.
- Where there are other terms which govern the provision of particular services or events in this Internet site (“the Specific Terms”), the Specific Terms shall apply in respect of dealings and transactions concerning the corresponding services or events. In case of conflict between the terms hereof and the Specific Terms, the latter shall prevail.
- Any disputes arising in relation to the terms stipulated herein shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Any action arising therefrom shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Disclaimer of warranties
- The Company will use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information in this Internet site but makes no representations, warranties or assurances as to the accuracy, effectiveness or completeness of the information provided. The Company shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from your access to or inability to access this Internet site, or from your reliance on any information provided at this Internet site. The sender of any communications to this Internet site or otherwise to the Company shall be responsible for all contents and information contained therein, including its truthfulness and accuracy and that such content and information will not infringe any third party’s rights.
- The Company does not guarantee or warrant that the data or files that may be downloaded from this Internet site do not contain destructive features such as viruses, worms or other destructive materials. The Company is not liable for any damages or harm caused by such features.
- The Company is not responsible for the content of materials posted on this Internet site by users and shall not be liable for any infringement of intellectual property rights or any other claims arising out of materials posted by users on this Internet site.
Information available through this Internet site and users’ submissions
- The information available through this Internet site, including but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content (hereafter referred to as “the Information”), either on its own, or as a collective work or compilation, is protected under the copyright laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and other countries, and is owned or controlled by the Company or the party credited as the provider of the Information.
- You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, transmit or in any way exploit any part of this Internet site, unless you are downloading the Information for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- By submitting to or posting any Information on this Internet site, you agree to assign to the Company all your copyright subsisting in such Information and such Information shall be assigned to Company immediately upon being submitted or posted.
- The Company has the right to edit, remove, modify, publish, transmit and display any submissions you make to this Internet site including but not limited to any letters to editor, messages and information in relation to sale and/or provision of any products or services.
This Internet site provides hyperlinks to other sites but the Company shall not be responsible for the contents of these other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from those contents. The links are provided to you for convenience only. The Company shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from your access to or inability to access any of the said other sites, or from your reliance on any information provided in the content of such other sites.
The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and products in this Internet site are protected by copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents and other intellectual property rights law. You shall not make any use of any of these, whether in part or in whole, without the prior written authorization of the Company, except to identify the products or services of the Company.
Limitations of liability
The Company and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees or representatives are not liable for any damages, losses, harm or claims in any way related to the errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies at this Internet site.
You are solely responsible for all claims or demands by any third party for loss or damage of any kind arising in connection with any use of or reliance on any information provided by you at this Internet site (including without limitation news, messages, photographs, data, statements) or in connection with any dealings with you through this Internet site. You agree to indemnify and keep the Company harmless from and with respect to any such claims, loss or damage including without limitation legal fees.
Third Party Rights
Updated on 30 Jun 2021